Recognized as one of Sydneys leading high rise builders, our client is a privately owned, family run business. Due to a strong desire to grow and continually improve, they require an experienced Accountant to join their finance team.
The purpose of this role will be to contribute to the effective and efficient running of the finance function within the business, with requirements including financial reporting, personnel payroll, variance analysis, financial planning, job costing, profitability, KPI reporting, banking and compliance.
- Monthly financial reporting including P&L and balance Sheet, internal management and KPI reports including contract revenue, labour management, fuel analysis and associated variance analysis.
- Financial planning and analysis including budgeting and forecasting and variance analysis.
- Profitability reporting and analysis
- Maintain banking relationships including provision of information as required and assist with authorization of online payments
- Assist with annual tax and audit reviews
- On time lodgment of PAYG/GST/FBT
- Annual reconciliation of payroll tax and Workcover
- Aid Senior Management Accountant.
- Develop good working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with relevant personnel.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the industry.
- Accounting degree
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- ICAA or ASCPA membership (or working towards)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive and questioning mind
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to mentor employees in the finance team
- Computer competent including financial modelling. Advanced Excel skills. Adaptive experience (or like tool) highly regarded.
- Ability to interpret and implement corporate financial policies.
- Experienced at balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ability to meet very tight deadlines under pressure.
- Able to drive cost consciousness.